Friday, March 30, 2012

Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

ive previously used permanent cosmic blue dye,



schwarzkopf LIVE colour xxl,



the blue has now faded, and i was wondering, has anybody tried putting any colour over it before, and will RED cause any problem going over now black hair ? the red dye is the same brand and make,



any help would be much appreciated ,



thanks,



nick.



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

you have red pigments in your hair naturally so dyeing red shouldn,t be a problem



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

it should be ok thought it might go a purplely colour, but im not too sure ive never used that colour before. but should be ok beens its faded!



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

i dont no about the blue but the red wont go on black coz ive had a similar problem



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

arent you meant to bleach it first then dye it?



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

Thats what I use,I have my hair really red.



It wont do any harm to do it a few times,Ive been doing my roots every 6 weeks and its been going over and onto the rest of my hair,its now starting to feel a bit yucky.



It wont do any harm going over black hair with the red,but if you do your roots let someone do them for you so you dont over process your hair like ive done.



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

i dont know.



it might be okay...



but i might try a light bleach job before just incase....



but i think if it did mess up...a nice mix of the two wouldnt be bad.



OR just try it...and then bleach if you dont like it



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

Think of your hair shaft as a bottle. When you did cosmic blue, you probably bleached your hair first (If you did it right). Bleach leaves your hair shaft empty. The blue filled it up. Thanks to sun and shampoo, etc...the blue is fading. If you now fill the hair shaft with red, you will probably end up with some VERY bright red and some purple...it will not be even. You can try bleach first, then red, but you might cause too much damage...depends on your hair.



I'm confused...you say it's now black..did you dye black over blue? If you want the true red color on the package, you need virgin (bleached) hair.



Good luck.



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

My hairs naturally dark brown. (Although its not been that colour for years). I got fed up with being different shades of blonde, i decided to go dark underneath blonde ontop.



Then decided to go BRIGHT RED under+ blonde ontop.



The red took quicker on the blonde bits, but giving the dark a bit longer, it came out just as red.



As it faded it did lighten my dark brown to a blonde. (Just to warn you). But it will go red, without lightening it 1st.



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

I think you should get some advise from some one in the know, if you start playing around you may find that your hair will fall out.



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

Not enough info in this question but rattttgirl is right on target. Did you bleach your hair before using the blue? Have you now dyed it black and you want to go over it with the red? If you still have the blue in your hair and put red on top of it you will get a funky purple. Keep in mind also that Schwarzkopf colors have a tendency to go a bit darker. Good luck.



Dying my hair, dye on top of other dye ?

it could go purple so do a strand test first

No comments:

Post a Comment