Monday, May 7, 2012

Pink hair, to dye or not too?

I've always wanted to dye my hair pink. I'm a stay at home mom so now I can do if I wanted to. I'm kinda chickening out because I'm afraid of how it will look and I don't want people to question my parenting based on my apperance which I'm sure will happen. Any tips? Maybe I'm just being a chicken. I've got ivory skin with some freckles and green eyes, oh and I'm alittle on the chunky side. Also how hard is pink hair to maintain?



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

well it washes out like in under a month (atleast mine did)



its not that hard to maintain if you buy some dye



to touch it up and it also depends on how light



your natural hair is...



about the parenting



i think that some people might question it



but just dont do your whole head



you can do shadowing, tips, highlights



w/e works



ps if i hada mom with pink hair thatd be tight as **** =]



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

do it!!!



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

Go for it : ) Its nobody else's business what color your hair is. I had waist length pink hair for 5 years, and you'll have to redo it every 2 weeks or so to keep it looking vibrant.



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

dont do it you will hate it



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

My friend dyed her hair pink (semi-permenant) and she loved it. but shes 14. your a mom. and yes, everyone will judge you so i wouldn't do it. but GOOD LUCK ANYWAYZ!



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

i think u should because its ur hair u should do what u want to do!



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

Ok in the first place it is no ones business what color you die your hair as long as you like it. You only live once so go for it and if it looks to bad in another month die it back to regular color something else you like. Just don't let the roots grow to long or they will look bad. Pink is just like any other color you die your hair you just have to take care of it.



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

I wouldnt suggest it people would question your parenting. If you died it a bleach blond with really really light pink highligts then you would still sort of do what you wanted but not as nodicable to questioning parents :) good luck



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

i say go 4 it who cares what other people think it's what u think but if ur chicken u could just do pink highlights



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

i wouldnt dye my hair pink because i now for a fact that it washes out fast n it looks nasty ... pink n red do the same ... it will b hard to maintain ... n with a kid i no that it is hard to maintain prettiness alot n we want things in our life to be easier... but if u do have the time .. then go for it !!! n i dont think the color of ur hair is nething bad about parenting



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

You have to bleach it first, so your hair will be fairly unhealthy. I would go for some highlights/streaks of pink. My mom accually did this last summer. She's in her 40s. I didnt mind, my family just laughed.



DO IT.



:)



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

If you think about it. It wont match most of your outfits. And what if it does show!? That wouldnt be good to show the underneath! mmm...I suggest not. I'm sure you look good the way you are.



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

uhm...in my opinion...not the best idea...depending on how old your kids are, if they're young they will get it in their minds that its ok to do something like that when they're older (monkey-see, monkey-do), and if they're older they might think "woah...mom's just trying to be 'hip'" and might resent your hair...i would really decide whether or not it's what YOU want to do, and then put yourself in your family's shoes because it sounds like if you're a stay at home mom you really care about your family so i would try to do what's best for your family AND you.



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

Nahh, besides, chances are, the product you are using, I bet is semi-permanent, anyway. It wouldn't last that long if you disliked it. Another thing is, if you liked it, know how to mentain it, good luck then on.



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

well -- i'm going to be the voice of reason. yes, it is your hair, and yes, in an ideal world you should be able to do with it what you like. however, the world isn't nice or fair and people will judge your parenting skills by the way you present yourself. period. think about how many times you've "judged a book by it's cover," like thought someone was a complete bore based on the kind of jeans they wore or something.



how about a compromise? how about just dying a chunk of hair instead of your whole head? that way, it will give you a little bit of edge, but perhaps be less of a criteria for judgement by others.



i know a mom of a 13 year old who has two blue chunks of hair on both sides of her head. it looks funky and cool, and edgy. if her whole head was blue, she might look like smurf -- and i think her daughter would freak!



Pink hair, to dye or not too?

believe me if somebody is going to judge your parenting skills by the color of your hair, then they are just flat out dumb. i think you should do it. if you don't want to do too much just do one chunk down the sides. and do it underneath the mohawk section so when your roots start to grow out, they won't be visible. I'm a hairstylist and that's how i do my hair. I've got a purple, blonde, and brown chunk on both of my sides, all underneath my mohawk section (which is dyed a blue black) and you can't ever see my roots. go for it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment